Water chlorine mixture explodes, burns Surf City man’s face.
SURF CITY, NJ August 04, 2013 — Authorities say an unstable mixture of water and chlorine caused an explosion inside a southern New Jersey home, injuring the homeowner and a neighbor who came to his aid.
The Asbury Park Press reports 62-year-old Russell Rocca of Surf City was diluting chlorine with water to be used in his hot tub when the mixture became unstable and exploded.
Rocca’s neighbor, 43-year-old John Herrmann, heard the blast and tried to enter Rocca’s home. But the intense chemical odor caused Hermann to become light-headed and unable to help his neighbor.
Rocca was treated for burns to the face and difficulty breathing, while Herrmann was treated for minor injuries.
Go Chemless Inc
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334
Open 7 days / 9AM-9PM EST
Copyright© Go Chemless, Inc. All Rights Reserved.